Integration in AS-Level Maths (from Sep 2017):
During the year that students study for an AS-Level in Maths, they will be required to cover the following topic areas in INTEGRATION:
These topic areas will be tested in the Pure Mathematics paper – Paper 1.
Integration in A-Level Maths (from Sep 2017):
In addition to the above, students studying for an A-Level in Maths will also be required to study the following areas in INTEGRATION:
- integrating linear combinations, exponential and trigonometric functions
- finding areas
- understanding that integration is the limit of a sum
- integration by substitution and integration by parts
- integration using partial fractions
- separation of variables
- interpreting the solution of a first order differential equation
This is done over 2 years and these additional topic areas will be tested in Pure Mathematics Paper 2.