Trigonometry in AS-Level Maths (from Sep 2017):
During the year that students study for an AS-Level in Maths, they will be required to cover the following topic areas in TRIGONOMETRY:
These topic areas will be tested in the Pure Mathematics paper – Paper 1.
Trigonometry in A-Level Maths (from Sep 2017):
In addition to the above, students studying for an A-Level in Maths will also be required to study the following areas in TRIGONOMETRY:
- arc length and area of a sector
- small angle approximations
- exact values of sin, cos and tan
- reciprocal and inverse trigonometric functions
- more trigonometric identities
- double angle and compound angle formulae
- trigonometric proof
- problems in context
This is done over 2 years and these additional topic areas will be tested in Pure Mathematics Paper 2.